Grow sprouts in no time and enjoy the taste of fresh food grown in a sustainable way indoors. The Speedy Sprouter grows sprouts so quickly that you can see the change in growth with each passing day. It's a great way to produce a large amount of food in a small amount of time while doubling up as a teaching tool to educate children on how to grow food!
How does it work?
The embodied energy in a seed provides it with enough oomph to get it sprouting and putting out roots. This means that you can grow leaf/sprout mass without using any soil or nutrients at all! Sprouts typically grow for up to two weeks before they run out of energy and their growth start slowing, but you can typically eat them from the 1 week mark onwards!
- Can be used repeatedly
- Easy to use
- Fast growth time for sprouts
- Sprouts are highly nutritious
- Versatile vegetables that can be used in a variety of dishes
- A fun experiment for kids to learn how things grow
- Incredibly short farm to table time
1x Wide mouth mesh strainer,
1x 1L glass jar
1x White drainage stand.
2x Wide mouth mesh strainer,
2x 1L glass jar
2x White drainage stand.
Your choice of seeds
1x 100g Salad Pea Seeds
1x 25g Alfalfa Seeds
1x 25g Broccoli sprout seeds
1x 25g Fenugreek Seeds
- Add seeds to your Speedy Sprouter
- Rinse your new seeds in water to clean them
- Drain water out
- Submerse seeds in warm water at a 1:4 ratio of seeds to water
- Let your seeds soak overnight
- Turn your Speedy Sprouter upside down and allow it to drain for 8 hours in a cool shaded place
- Rinse your seeds and drain again for another 8 hours (Note: if you want to consume your sprouts raw, rinse them more often, for example every 6 hours.)
- Repeat step 7 until your sprouts have grown to an adequate size
- Sprouts can be placed in sunlight on their final day of growth to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
Note: Only use seeds that have not been chemically treated (all our sprout seeds are not chemically treated), always stop the sprouting process before the first set of leaves grow, some sprouts need to be cooked before eating. Check seed pages for seed-specific instructions before growing.
For more details on how to grow your sprouts safely check out this blog post: "6 Simple Steps to Keep Your Sprouts Healthy"
Perfect size and design Easy peasy to use Was so impressed bought my daughter one
Absolutely brilliant product with a quick postage time. Really love the care and passion these guys give! Thank you.
The speedy sprouter Twin pack with seeds kit arrived in a very short time after it was ordered. It’s super easy to use and I’ve already grown my first batch of broccoli sprouts. I’m thrilled with the quality of the lid and the nifty little jar rest the comes with it. Highly recommended!
Ordering was easy and quick delivery. Items were as advertised and so glad to be dealing with a home grown organisation.