Sprouting Broccoli Seeds 25g
$7.00 NZD– Sold Out
Sprouting Broccoli is a very popular sprouting green which is simple to grow. It has a pale stem and tiny heart-shaped green leaves.
Sprouting Time 7days
- Add seeds to your Speedy Sprouter
- Rinse your new seeds in water to clean them
- Drain water out
- Submerse seeds in warm water at a 1:4 ratio of seeds to water
- Let your seeds soak overnight
- Turn your Speedy Sprouter upside down and allow it to drain for 8 hours in a cool shaded place
- Rinse your seeds and drain again for another 8 hours (Note: if you want to consume your sprouts raw, rinse them more often, for example every 6 hours.)
- Repeat step 7 until your sprouts have grown to an adequate size
- Sprouts can be placed in sunlight on their final day of growth to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
Note: Always stop the sprouting process before the first set of leaves grow, some sprouts need to be cooked before eating. Check seed pages for seed-specific instructions before growing.
For more details on how to grow your sprouts safely check out this blog post: "6 Simple Steps to Keep Your Sprouts Healthy"