Grow sprouts in no time and enjoy the taste of fresh food grown in a sustainable way indoors. The Speedy Sprouter grows sprouts so quickly that you can see the change in growth with each passing day. It's a great way to produce a large amount of food in a small amount of time while doubling up as a teaching tool to educate children on how to grow food!
How does it work?
The embodied energy in a seed provides it with enough oomph to get it sprouting and putting out roots. This means that you can grow leaf/sprout mass without using any soil or nutrients at all! Sprouts typically grow for up to two weeks before they run out of energy and their growth start slowing, but you can typically eat them from the 1 week mark onwards!
- Can be used repeatedly
- Easy to use
- Fast growth time for sprouts
- Sprouts are highly nutritious
- Versatile vegetables that can be used in a variety of dishes
- A fun experiment for kids to learn how things grow
- Incredibly short farm to table time
1x Wide mouth mesh strainer,
1x 1L glass jar
1x White drainage stand.
2x Wide mouth mesh strainer,
2x 1L glass jar
2x White drainage stand.
Your choice of seeds
1x 100g Salad Pea Seeds
1x 25g Alfalfa Seeds
1x 25g Red Cabbage sprout seeds
1x 25g Fenugreek Seeds
- Add seeds to your Speedy Sprouter
- Rinse your new seeds in water to clean them
- Drain water out
- Submerse seeds in warm water at a 1:4 ratio of seeds to water
- Let your seeds soak overnight
- Turn your Speedy Sprouter upside down and allow it to drain for 8 hours in a cool shaded place
- Rinse your seeds and drain again for another 8 hours (Note: if you want to consume your sprouts raw, rinse them more often, for example every 6 hours.)
- Repeat step 7 until your sprouts have grown to an adequate size
- Sprouts can be placed in sunlight on their final day of growth to develop their flavour and provide a richer, greener colour.
Note: Only use seeds that have not been chemically treated (all our sprout seeds are not chemically treated), always stop the sprouting process before the first set of leaves grow, some sprouts need to be cooked before eating. Check seed pages for seed-specific instructions before growing.
For more details on how to grow your sprouts safely check out this blog post: "6 Simple Steps to Keep Your Sprouts Healthy"
I’ve never grown sprouts before, so I did a small test with the pea seeds. They grew so quickly! The kit and instructions are so easy to follow! If you’re worried about bacterial growth, you can buy some apple cider vinegar from the shops and do a single rinse with it before rinsing with water before you eat.
Sorouters are great . Practical and an attractive addition to the kitchen .
Excelled product. Packed well. Fast delivery
I love my seed sprouters. So easy and exactly what I was after.
Never have to buy sprouts again! Love watching them grow highly recommend!